Love these colorful red, white & blue craft ideas from Country Living. So easy to get the house ready for the 4th! Invite your firends over for a summer craft party & make enough decorations for everyone’s home!
Summer Potluck Ideas
Tired of taking the same old dish to potluck parties? Here are some new ideas for you to try. From BH&G
14 Patriotic, Star-Spangled Ways to Use Mason Jars
Late last year, a friend gave me a box of Mason jars. I remember looking at them & wondering what in the world I was going to use them for. I knew there were many crafts that use Mason jars but I was stumped right then. I did find ways to use them to make Christmas snow globes. Now I wish I had saved a few! These ideas are fabulous! The one in the photo above is great & worth a trip to my neighborhood hardware store to pick up a few. And there are 13 MORE crafts you can make! OH BOY! Thank you Country Living for sharing these great ideas! Enjoy!
10 Cleaning Tasks You Can Totally Tackle in 5 Minutes
There never seems to be enough time to clean our homes… Or so we think! Good Housekeeping has 10 tips to help you get more done in a minimum amount of time! Fabulous! Enjoy!
Favorite Memorial Day Recipes
Need fresh ideas for your holiday celebration? Let the folks at BH&G help you out with these recipes.
Festive Holiday Drinks
Special occasions call for more that a few bottles of wine hastily chosen & a tub of ice filled with beer. Time to move up to the grown up side of the bar! I agree that cocktails can be time consuming to mix when you are hosting a party. You might consider hiring someone to tend bar for you. This frees you up to mingle with guests & gives you the satisfaction of knowing the drinks are well made. A paid bartender should also be able to tell you what to purchase & how much you need to stock your bar for the event.
If hiring a bartender is not in your budget or your event is intimate enough not to warrant the expense, then consider creating just one of these fabulous concoctions from Coastal Living. A punchbowl filled with a special beverage, with more pitchers of the same chilling in the fridge, gets your party a special touch without causing you emotional or financial stress. Enjoy!
The Simple Joy of Holiday Baking Part 4
Christmas & baking go together like hands in gloves. There are so many delicious things you can bake for your family or friends that it can be hard to know where to begin. Of course, time can be so short during the busy holiday season that it might be difficult to find the time to do any baking at all. You could always buy your Holiday goodies but that can be very expensive. What’s a Mother to do?
Jean Ann & Simple Joy to the rescue. This week, Jean Ann offers you tips, ideas & recipes to help simplify your Holiday baking. Continue your Holiday baking tradition or begin a new tradition in your family when you make Holiday baking a Simple Joy!
Christmas Countdown C -17
Christmas is a great time to entertain. Your home is decorated & it’s fun to connect & visit with family & friends. I know many women are intimidated To help simplify entertaining for you, here are 10 tips from this month’s issue of Simple Joy e-zine:
10 Step Guide to a Low Stress Holiday Entertaining
- Attend Your Own Party: Follow these steps in order to be a guest at your own event.
- Plan Your Guest List: Remember…it’s about the people, not the event. Always begin with the guest list.
- Plan Your Event: Once you know how many are coming, you can determine what type of event works best: sit down dinner, buffet, cocktail party, open house, etc.
- Plan Your Menu: Now you need to decide what to serve. Your menu is determined by your guests and your event. The menu is the cart; your guest list is the horse. Do Not confuse the two.
- Determine What Needs to Be Done: Take time to create a list of all the things to be done to prepare for your event. Include shopping lists as well.
- Decide What You Want to Do: Select two or three things from the list that you WANT to do.
- Delegate the Rest: Assign the remaining tasks to other people. When guests ask if they can do anything or bring anything, always say YES!
- Take a Nap: Begin transformation from hostess to guest by taking a relaxing nap. If you can’t sleep, then just relax.
- Take a Bath: Now is not the time for a quick shower. Take the time for a long luxurious bath. Engage all your senses as you bathe with candles, music, fragrant bath products, lotions and chocolate.
- Take a Deep Breath: When the door bell announces your first guests, take a deep breath and smile. The Queen is in the house and she is entertaining.
12 Simple Joys of Christmas Preparation
Simplify Christmas prep with these tips!
Pretty Christmas Door Decorations
Your Christmas decorations should extend to your front door. Guests to your home this season should receive a warm welcome. Creating this welcome doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive. These ideas from BHG allow you to offer your guests & neighbors a lovely welcome throughout the Christmas season!